Knowledge Is Power
Ready your body, ready your mind, ready your heart.
As we all know, the better prepared we are for a situation, the better the outcome will be. I am passionate about empowering and educating women to get the most out of their womanhood, pregnancy, birth, postpartum, breastfeeding, mama, yoga and life journeys!
Here I have MY TOP BOOKS of every category you can imagine listed - with some links in book, kindle and audio format! Check out the book on the link; avoid the overwhelm and choose just several from each category that speak most to you. Some favorites are pictured below, but there are so many wonderful ones! Happy exploring and reading!
Women's/General Health and Inspiration
- American Institute for Cancer Research, "The New American Plate Cookbook."
- Bernstein, Gabrielle, "The Universe Has Your Back: Transforming Fear to Faith."
- Bernstein, Gabrelle, Miracles Now: 108 Life-Changing Tools for Less Stress, More Flow, and Finding Your True Purpose
- Bernstein, Gabrielle, May Cause Miracles: A 40-Day Guidebook of Subtle Shifts for Radical Change and Unlimited Happiness,"
- Bernstein, Gabriele, "Spirit Junkie: A Radical Road to Self-Love and Miracles,"
- Boroson, Martin, "One-Moment Meditation:Stillness for People on the Go."
- Boston Women’s Health Collective, "The New Our Bodies, Ourselves (Updated and Expanded)."
- Brach, Tara, "True Refuge: Finding Peace and Freedom in Your Own Awakened Heart."
- Brach, Tara, "Radical Acceptance:Embracing Your Life With the Heart of a Buddha."
- Cameron, Julia, "The Artist's Way."
- Chopra, Deepak, "Perfect health: The Complete Mind Body Guide."
- Dyer, Wayne, "Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life."
- Finkelstein, Michael, “77 Questions for Skillful Living: A New Path to Extraordinary Health”.
- Gawain, Shakti, "Creative Visualization: Use the Power of Your Imagination to Create What you Want in Your Life."
- Hanh, Thich Nhat, "Happiness, Essential Mindfulness Practices."
- Hay, Louise, "You Can Heal Your Life."
- Kabat-Zinn, Jon, "Full Catastrophe Living."
- Katie, Byron, "Loving What Is"
- Katie, Bryron, "A Thousand Names for Joy."
- Lesser, Marc, "Accomplishing More By Doing Less."
- Northrup, Christiane, "Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom."
- Rosenberg, Marshall B., "Nonviolent Communication, A Language of Life."
- Siegel, Bernie, "Prescriptions For Living: Inspirational Lessons for a Joyful, Loving Life."
- Stassinopoulos, Agapi, "Conversations With the Goddesses: Revealing the Divine Power Within You."
- Thomashauer, Regina, "Pussy: A Reclamation,"
- Thomashauer, Regina, "Mama Gena's School of Womanly Arts."
- Thomashauer, Regina, "Mama Gena's Owner's and Operator's Guide to Men,"
- Tolle, Eckhart, "Practicing the Power of Now."
- Weil, Andrew, "Eating Well For Optimum Health".
- Weil, Andrew, "Natural Health, Natural Medicine."
- Weschler, Toni, "Taking Charge of Your Fertility."
- Williamson, Marianne, "A Return to Love; A Reflection on the Principles of A Course in Miracles."
Breastfeeding and Baby Care
- Belden, Lauren Hirshfield, “The Places You'll Feed”
- Cave, Stephanie, " What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Vaccinations."
- Gaskin, Ina May, "Ina May’s Guide to Breastfeeding".
- Gotsch, Gwen, and Torgus, Judy (La Leche League), "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" .
- Huggins, Kathleen, "The Nursing Mother’s Companion'" .
- Keegan, Laura, "Breastfeeding with Comfort and Joy."
- Kendall-Tackett, Kathleen, and Mohrbacher, Nancy, "Breastfeeding Made Simple."
- Kirkilionis, Evelin, "A Baby Wants to Be Carried: Everything You Need to Know About Baby Carriers and the Advantages of Babyearing."
- Kitzinger, Sheila, "Breastfeeding Your Baby."
- Klaus, Marshall & Phyllis, "Your Amazing Newborn".
- Markel, Susan, "What Your Pediatrician Doesn’t Know Can Hurt Your Child - A More Natural Approach to Parenting".
- Martin, William, "The Parent’s Tao Te Ching: Ancient Advice for Modern Parents."
- McGrory Massaro, Megan, "The Other Baby Book: A Natural Approach to Baby's First Year."
- Mohrbacher, Nancy, "Breastfeeding Made Easy."
- Newman, Jack, "Dr Jack Newman's Guide to Breastfeeding."
- Sears, William A., and Sears, Martha, "The Baby Book."
- Sears, William A., and Sears, Martha, "The Breastfeeding Book."
- Sears, William, ".The Vaccine Book"
Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
- Arms, Suzanne, "Immaculate Deception II, Myth, Magic & Birth."
- Armstrong, Penny and Feldman, Sheryl, "A Midwife’s Story".
- Balaskas, Janet, "Active Birth: The New Approach to Giving Birth Naturally,"
- Bardacke, Nancy, "Mindful Birthing: Training the Mind, Body, and Heart for Childbirth and Beyond".
- Block, Jennifer, "Pushed".
- Blyth, Jenny, "The Down to Earth Birth Book - A Practical Guide to Natural Childbirth".
- Bregman, Lori, "The Mindful Mom-To-Be: A Modern Doula's Guide to Building a Healthy Foundation from Pregnancy Through Birth."
- Buckley, Sarah, "Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering".
- Cairns, Abigail, "Home Births: Stories to Inspire and Inform".
- Chopra, Deepak, "Magical Beginnings, Enchanted Lives; A Holistic Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth".
- Chunilal, Naomi, "The Mindful Mother: A Practical and Spiritual Guide to Enjoying Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond with Mindfulness."
- Davis, Elizabeth & Pascale-Bonaro, Debra, "Orgasmic Birth: Your guide to a Safe, Satisfying, and Pleasurable Birth Experience."
- Daulter, Anni, "Sacred Pregnancy."
- Eisenstein, Mayer, "The Home Birth Advantage."
- England, Pam, "Ancient Map for Modern Birth."
- England, Pam and Horowitz, "Birthing From Within".
- Gaskin, Ina May, "Spiritual Midwifery".
- Gaskin, Ina May, "Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth."
- Gaskin, Ina May, "Birth Matters."
- Harper, Barbara, "Gentle Birth Choices."
- Goer, Henci, "The Thinking Woman’s Guide to a Better Birth."
- Jones, Carl, "Mind Over Labor".
- Karll, Sunni, "Sacred Birthing."
- Kitzinger, Sheila, "The Complete Book of Pregnancy and Childbirth."
- Kitzinger, Sheila, "Homebirth".
- Kitzinger, Sheila, "Rediscovering Birth" .
- Klaus, Marshall; Kennell, John; Klaus, Phyllis, "The Doula Book". http://amzn.to/2gZIiNl
- Korte, Diana, "The VBAC Companion" ,
- Khalsa, Gurmukh, "Bountiful, Beautiful, Blissful: Experience the Natural Power Of Pregnancy and Birth With Kundalini Yoga and Meditation".
- Lake, Ricki & Epstein, Abby, "Your Best Birth: Know All Your Options, Discover the Natural Choices, and Take Back the Birth Experience."
- Leonard, Carol, "Lady’s Hands, Lion’s Heart".
- Logan, Onnie Lee, "Motherwit."
- Lothian, Judith, "The Official Lamaze Method: Giving Birth with Confidence."
- MacDonald, Leonie, "Birth Journeys, Positive Birth Stories to Encourage and Inspire."
- McCutchen, Susan, "Natural Childbirth: the Bradley Way."
- Mongan, Marie, "HypnoBirthing: A Celebration of Life."
- Nilsson, Lennart, "A Child is Born."
- Northrup, Christiane, "Mother-Daughter Wisdom,"
- Noble, Elizabeth, "Having Twins & More, A Parent’s Guide to Multiple Pregnancy, Birth, and Early Childhood."
- Odent, Michel, "Birth Reborn" .
- Odent, Michel, and Read, Grantly Dick, "Childbirth Without Fear".
- O’Mara, Peggy, "Having a Baby Naturally".
- Punger, Denise, "Permission to Mother: Going Beyond the Standard of Care to Nurture Our Children."
- Romm, Aviva, "The Natural Pregnancy Books: Herbs, Nutrition, and Other Holistic Choices."
- Romm, Aviva, "Natural Health After Birth, A Complete Guide to Postpartum Wellness".
- SImkin, Geraldine, "Into These Hands".
- Taylor, Catherine, "Giving Birth".
- Tully, Kate, "Peaceful Birth Peaceful Earth: How to Give Your Baby the Best Start to Life".
- Vincent, Peggy, "Baby Catcher, Chronicles of a Modern Midwife".
- Vincent, Peggy, "Midwife: A Calling (Memoirs of an Urban Midwife)".
- Wagner, Marsden, "Born in the USA. "
- Brott, Armin, "The Expectant Father"
- Heinowitz, Jack, "Fathering: Right from the Start".
- Heinowitz, Jack, "Pregnant Fathers: Becoming the Father You Want to Be".
- Heinowitz, Jack, "Pregnant Fathers: Entering Parenthood Together".
- Simkin, Penny, "The Birth Partner."
Sibling Preparation and Children's Books
- Ashbe, Jeanne, "What’s Inside."
- Ashbe, Jeanne, "And After That."
- Bernhard, Emery, "A Ride on Mother's Back:A Day of Carrying Around the World."
- Cole, Joanna, "How You Were Born".
- Faber, Adele and Mazlish, Elaine, "Siblings Without Rivalry".
- Fatwell, Cathryn, "We Have a Baby".
- Feiner, Conie, "Who was Born at Home?"
- Fraisier, Debra, "On the Day You Were Born."
- Fuller, Rachel, "My New Baby."
- Grossman, Rena D., "Carry Me (Babies Everywhere)."
- Lansky, Vickie, "New Baby at Koko Bear’s House."
- Lansky, Vickie, "Welcoming Your Second Baby."
- Kitzinger, Sheila, "Being Born."
- Maclean, Amy and Nesbitt Jan, "Our Water Baby."
- Mochel, Kelly, "We’re Having a Homebirth."
- Overend, Jenny, "Welcome With Love" also known as "Hello Baby."
- Sears, William and Sears, Martha, "Baby On the Way."
- Sears, William, and Sears, Martha, "What Baby Needs."
- Spillman, U. & Kamieth, I. "Runa’s Birth."
- Tyner, Christy, "Mama Midwife, A Birth Adventure."
- Vondruska, Anne, "I Watched My Brother Being Born: Including Children at Birth."
HOME SWEET HOMEBIRTH MIDWIFERY, PLLC
DISCLAIMERS AND POLICIES
AFFILIATE and PROMOTION DISCLAIMER
The following information is disclosed by Home Sweet Homebirth Midwifery, PLLC (“we” or “us”) to you in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 680 and 698: “Affiliate Marketing Rule.” Sections of this website www.homesweethomebirth.com (the “Site”) may allow you to purchase products and services online provided by other third party merchants. Some of the links that we post on this Site are “affiliate links.” This means that if you click on the affiliate link and purchase an item through that link, that we will receive an affiliate commission.
We are not responsible for the quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or any other aspect of the products and services purchased through affiliate links, the information contained on third party sales page, or any other third party links, services or products we promote on any of our online medium. In addition, the merchant for your purchase will have privacy and data collection practices that are different from ours. If you make a purchase from a merchant on their website or on a website that we have posted a link to or promoted on any of our online medium, the information obtained during your visit to that website or that merchant’s online store, and the information that you submit as part of the transaction, such as your name, e-mail address, street address, telephone number, and credit card number, may be collected by that merchant. For more information regarding any merchant, its’ online store, its’ privacy policies, or any additional terms and conditions that may apply to your visit of its’ website, visit that merchant’s website and click on that merchants relevant pages and their informational links, or contact that merchant directly.
You release us and our affiliates from any damages that you may incur, and agree not to assert any claims against them or us in connection with your purchase or your use of any of the products, services, or information contained on sales page made available to you by third parties through our Site or promoted on any of our online medium. Your participation, correspondence or business dealings with any third party found on or through our Site or promoted on any of our online medium, regarding payment and delivery of specific goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, representations or warranties associated with such dealings, are solely between you and that third party. You agree that we will not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, or other matter of any sort incurred as the result of any third party transaction.
The following information is disclosed by Home Sweet Homebirth Midwifery, PLLC (“we” or “us”) to you in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” Testimonials appearing on this website www.homesweethomebirth.com (the “Site) are received via text, audio, or video submission. They are individual’s actual experiences, reflecting the real life experiences of those who have used our products and/or services. We do not claim that they are typical results that consumers will generally achieve. The testimonials are not necessarily representative of all of those who will use our products and/or services. We are not responsible for any of the opinions or comments posted to this Site. You understand that any testimonials or endorsements (herein “Opinions”) by our customers or audience represented on this Site, or through our products, programs, other websites, content, landing pages, sales pages or offerings, are solely opinions from individuals. Similarly, any information contained on this Site and on our other programs, content and offerings are solely our opinion and therefore, not representations, warranties, or guarantees of any kind.
WELL BEING DISCLAIMER
This website (www.homesweethomebirth.com (the “Site”) is for informational purposes only. Home Sweet Homebirth Midwifery, PLLC (“we” or “us”) and our subsidiaries, owners, principals, directors, executives, employees, staff, or agents are only licensed health care providers or professionals in their state and/or area of expertise. The information contained on this Site will not treat or diagnose any disease, illness, or ailment and if you should experience any such issues you should seek the advice and examination of your registered physician or practitioner as determined by your own judgment. You understand the information contained on this Site is not a substitute for health care, medical or nutritional advice of any kind. You understand and agree that you are fully responsible for your well being, including your dietary, mental and physical choices and decisions and that of your child. You agree to seek medical advice as determined by your own judgment before taking any action in connection to the information contained on this Site or discontinuing use of any medications as prescribed by your medical practitioner. We shall in no event be held liable to any party for any direct, indirect, punitive, special, incidental or other consequential damages arising directly or indirectly from any use of this material, which is provided “as is”, and without warranties. Your continued use of the site indicates your acceptance of the terms and modifications or future modifications.
There are no refunds on online courses or services that provide access to online documents. There are no refunds for services already rendered. There are no refunds for missed prepaid appointments canceled within 24 hours of the missed appointment; if there was an emergency, credit will be given towards another same form of appointment. Should you prepay for a series of sessions or appointments and then decide to cancel future appointments, refund will be prorated and accounted by subtracting the cost of sessions or appointments you did have. There are no refunds for purchasing a series of yoga classes (like a yoga class card) that you did not complete.