10 Supplies to ROCK Your Birth
1) THE BIRTH POOL IN A BOX - a regular size is ideal, as it fits your support person and allows for complete immersion of your uterus for more freedom of moment, comfort, relaxation, and easier birthing. It comes with repair patch kit, disposable liner and carrying bag. A smaller size is available, but I would recommend it only if space is an issue. An electric pump for inflatables fills it up quickly and easily with air, and a submersible drain pump empties it after use. It is common to poop during pushing. To easily scoop the poop, get a fish net.
2) REBOZZO - a traditional Mexican fabric with multiple uses for pregnancy, birth and postpartum, from comforting and supporting you, to aiding in optimal positions for you and baby during labor and birth, to baby wearing.
3) BIRTH BALL - is a wonderful ergonomic tool to support you in the most comfortable and ideal positions during the childbirth process. It can be used for exercise, and is great to sit or lean on during pregnancy; postpartum, it can be used to rock and calm a fussy baby.
4) SQUATTING STOOL - (like that or this one) assists you in a supported squat for birth, going to the bathroom and sitting - the healthier way we used to sit before there were chairs; it prevents many ailments, and can also be used for potty training.
5) NOW WALL CLOCK - to keep you focused only on the present moment, the only place you need to be during labor.
6) BLENDER WITH 16 OZ CUPS, COVER & STRAW PORT - for easy nutrient rich smoothies and hydration needed for laboring well.
7) THERAPEUTIC CORN FILLED HEATING PAD AND COLD PACK - so soothing for areas of discomfort, and smells yummy when heated,
8) ESSENTIAL OIL DIFFUSER WITH CHANGING LED LIGHTS - to distribute your favorite fragrance, and relaxing healing aromas and light to set your desired ambiance. You can try a delicious assortment of professional, therapeutic grade, 100% pure blend of essential oils for calm, romance, energy and uplift, clarity and focus.
9) POSITIVE and EMPOWERING AFFIRMATION CARDS - to hang in your birth setting to inspire you and remind you of your incredible,capacities as a woman.
10) ELECTRIC CANDLES and STRING LIGHTS - for an lovely and enchanting environment in the hospital or birth center. In the home setting, you can use candles with care - I like the pure naturally scented pillars encased in glass for added safety and heavenly aroma. Himalayan natural crystal salt rock candle holders give a soft relaxing glow, are balancing and purifying; those can be filled with and tea light candles.
PLUS - MAKE THREE PLAYLISTS: one with calming relaxing sounds, one with sensual soulful songs (like R & B) that arouse you to tap into your sexual feminine self and slow dance alone or with your partner, and one with upbeat songs that create fun happy energy, make you want to move your hips and shake your booty or belly dance (like hip hop, funk, African, Latin, tribal, Indian/Arabian). I love a good waterproof and splash-proof portable wireless speaker for your smartphone or other devices.
A more comprehensive list of oh so helpful supplies for your birth are listed in my Online Holistic Childbirth Course.
HOME SWEET HOMEBIRTH MIDWIFERY, PLLC
DISCLAIMERS AND POLICIES
AFFILIATE and PROMOTION DISCLAIMER
The following information is disclosed by Home Sweet Homebirth Midwifery, PLLC (“we” or “us”) to you in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 680 and 698: “Affiliate Marketing Rule.” Sections of this website www.homesweethomebirth.com (the “Site”) may allow you to purchase products and services online provided by other third party merchants. Some of the links that we post on this Site are “affiliate links.” This means that if you click on the affiliate link and purchase an item through that link, that we will receive an affiliate commission.
We are not responsible for the quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or any other aspect of the products and services purchased through affiliate links, the information contained on third party sales page, or any other third party links, services or products we promote on any of our online medium. In addition, the merchant for your purchase will have privacy and data collection practices that are different from ours. If you make a purchase from a merchant on their website or on a website that we have posted a link to or promoted on any of our online medium, the information obtained during your visit to that website or that merchant’s online store, and the information that you submit as part of the transaction, such as your name, e-mail address, street address, telephone number, and credit card number, may be collected by that merchant. For more information regarding any merchant, its’ online store, its’ privacy policies, or any additional terms and conditions that may apply to your visit of its’ website, visit that merchant’s website and click on that merchants relevant pages and their informational links, or contact that merchant directly.
You release us and our affiliates from any damages that you may incur, and agree not to assert any claims against them or us in connection with your purchase or your use of any of the products, services, or information contained on sales page made available to you by third parties through our Site or promoted on any of our online medium. Your participation, correspondence or business dealings with any third party found on or through our Site or promoted on any of our online medium, regarding payment and delivery of specific goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, representations or warranties associated with such dealings, are solely between you and that third party. You agree that we will not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, or other matter of any sort incurred as the result of any third party transaction.
The following information is disclosed by Home Sweet Homebirth Midwifery, PLLC (“we” or “us”) to you in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” Testimonials appearing on this website www.homesweethomebirth.com (the “Site) are received via text, audio, or video submission. They are individual’s actual experiences, reflecting the real life experiences of those who have used our products and/or services. We do not claim that they are typical results that consumers will generally achieve. The testimonials are not necessarily representative of all of those who will use our products and/or services. We are not responsible for any of the opinions or comments posted to this Site. You understand that any testimonials or endorsements (herein “Opinions”) by our customers or audience represented on this Site, or through our products, programs, other websites, content, landing pages, sales pages or offerings, are solely opinions from individuals. Similarly, any information contained on this Site and on our other programs, content and offerings are solely our opinion and therefore, not representations, warranties, or guarantees of any kind.
WELL BEING DISCLAIMER
This website (www.homesweethomebirth.com (the “Site”) is for informational purposes only. Home Sweet Homebirth Midwifery, PLLC (“we” or “us”) and our subsidiaries, owners, principals, directors, executives, employees, staff, or agents are only licensed health care providers or professionals in their state and/or area of expertise. The information contained on this Site will not treat or diagnose any disease, illness, or ailment and if you should experience any such issues you should seek the advice and examination of your registered physician or practitioner as determined by your own judgment. You understand the information contained on this Site is not a substitute for health care, medical or nutritional advice of any kind. You understand and agree that you are fully responsible for your well being, including your dietary, mental and physical choices and decisions and that of your child. You agree to seek medical advice as determined by your own judgment before taking any action in connection to the information contained on this Site or discontinuing use of any medications as prescribed by your medical practitioner. We shall in no event be held liable to any party for any direct, indirect, punitive, special, incidental or other consequential damages arising directly or indirectly from any use of this material, which is provided “as is”, and without warranties. Your continued use of the site indicates your acceptance of the terms and modifications or future modifications.
There are no refunds on online courses or services that provide access to online documents. There are no refunds for services already rendered. There are no refunds for missed prepaid appointments canceled within 24 hours of the missed appointment; if there was an emergency, credit will be given towards another same form of appointment. Should you prepay for a series of sessions or appointments and then decide to cancel future appointments, refund will be prorated and accounted by subtracting the cost of sessions or appointments you did have. There are no refunds for purchasing a series of yoga classes (like a yoga class card) that you did not complete.