Mentoring and Business Consulting for Midwives & Birth Professionals
Attract more clients • Streamline your processes • Grow your business
Starting a business is exciting. . . and can be challenging
without a proper mentor to learn from and keep you motivated.
Set your business up for success. It will save you time and money.
Are you a midwife looking to start your own homebirth midwifery practice or improve your existing one?
Are you new to the home birth world and wondering how you want to practice within it?
Are you considering becoming a midwife but have many questions and need guidance from an experienced one?
Would you like a midwifery mentor from a seasoned one, or business consulting from a homebirth midwife who has created and managed a successful practice for over 19 years?
Are you interested in learning how to assist homebirth midwives?
Look no further!
Anne Margolis, CNM, has just the opportunity you may be looking for with mentorship and business consulting to prospective, new or working birth professionals! You will learn crucial information NOT taught in most midwifery schools or birth professional trainings.
Contact her today for a FREE consult where you and Anne can discuss your journey, your vision and how she can help you best! Anne offers three types of online consulting packages:
Three one-hour consultations package.
One-hour consultation plus access to multiple practice documents.
Full online mentorship that includes all the practice documents + 10 one-hour consultations.
Online internships are also available.
Learn More and Schedule a Consult Below:
Anne writes: "Here are ten things I wish I knew when I started my own midwifery practice from scratch back in 1997. I felt skilled as a midwife, but had no clue about or support with so many things that are key to having the successful thriving practice that I eventually built. I learned on the job, as I had to. I spent a lot of money and time taking many workshops, continuing education and embarked on my own self study to master and refine my skills as not only a midwife, but also as an owner of a private practice and its administrator. And I learned a lot from mistakes I made along the way. These ten main knowledge and expertise skill sets I wish I had when I embarked on the journey of starting and growing my own private midwifery practice are among the sort of guidanceI am passionate about providing to prospective, student, and new midwives, as well as any midwife who wants to start a practice or improve an existing one. They include:
1) How to run a business, accounting, billing and collections (not taught in most midwifery schools).
2) Dealing with insurance (a whole new unfamiliar world).
3) Marketing and social media (a consistently changing platform)
4) Making needed practice forms, legal documents, and informative handouts for clients.
5) Creating chart forms that work best for you and your practice (charting efficiently, debriefing, guidance with management and charting challenging cases).
6) Writing letters communicating with other health care providers (introducing yourself to form a collaborate relationship, thank you notes for excellent supportive care or summarizing cases for consultations or referrals).
7) Writing letters for moms in your practice as their obstetric care provider (disability, work, gym, dental work, travel, exemptions, insurance companies: payments and appeals).
8) Clarity about the roles of other members in your practice, (office and birth assistants, handling an emergency before help arrives, maintaining skills, and drilling for those rare emergencies).
9) Formulating and buying needed supplies (for your office, care visits, and birth bags).
10) Setting boundaries in your practice for your own personal health and self care (maintaining healthy relationships in your other life roles to prevent problems, exhaustion, illness, and burn out).
Learn More and Schedule Your Consult Below:
Anne's mentoring & consulting services will be beneficial to:
1) Practicing homebirth midwives looking to improve skills, ask questions, review a case, improve charting, debrief on a challenging experience, or balance work with personal care and family needs to prevent burn out.
2) New Midwives/Student Midwives interested in learning how to start a new practice from scratch or better an existing one.
3) Women considering midwifery as a profession and finding the best route to take for to suit individual life circumstances.
4) Assistants to homebirth midwives; or doulas needing guidance regarding a particular situation, discuss an issue or an upsetting experience, or are eager to learn the basics of what to do when laboring at home with a mama and an emergency occurs - before 911 or the homebirth midwife arrives.
Anne is passionate about personally mentoring you and creating a plan specifically tailored to your needs! She has numerous downloadable pdfs, along with 19+ years managing a successful private homebirth midwifery practice in New York, that she started from scratch. This information will benefit you, your practice, your business and the families you serve.
Examples of Practice Documents Included:
• Holistic History and Chart forms for Gynecology and Maternal Newborn Care
• Practice guidelines
• Midwife's assistant's job description in office, home visits, and homebirth, with flow sheet for recording events
• Welcome packet of forms for initial OB consultation: practice intro, sample bio of practitioners, philosophies, offerings, events, resources, contact procedures, informed consent, mutual agreement, transfer plan, financial policies
• Informed consents, waivers, releases, plan of care forms for informed decision making, privacy policies
• Billing and insurance information, sample superbly for invoicing/claims, insurance worksheet for clients, report form for biller claim submission, cover letter for unusual/transfer claims, letters of predetermination/ preauthorization and medical necessity, appeals on denied coverage or inappropriate payment on claims, collections, insurance complaints and grievances, reports to state or insurance regulators
• Numerous sample letters you are requested or need to write for/related to clients (such as disability, work, massage, gym/yoga studio, dental care, travel, jury duty, CPS, consult report, pediatrician introduction and birth summary, termination of care, thank you notes for excellent service/care, collaborative MD relationships, vaccine exemptions, practice announcements and annual visit reminders)
• Organizational business and practice forms
• Logo, letterhead, brochure, business card and stationary
• Sample CV
• Important contact info for needed consulting practitioners and local hospitals
• A variety of client handouts and resources such as GCT screen prep, newborn procedures, birth preferences form and list of all possible interventions for discussion, postpartum planning, family supply check list for homebirth and hospital birth, PPH prevention
• Midwife supply list for office, home visits and birth bag, what is available to rent or purchase
Anne offers online mentoring/business consulting services at:
- $350 for an initial 1 hour consultation.
- $1000 for 3 one hour consultations.
- $1800 for a 1 hour consultation and all practice documents.
- $4995 for 10 hourly consultations and all practice documents.
- $1800 for 6 month apprenticeship/internship.
Each consult is tailored to your individual needs. Anne will be your personal midwifery mentor to guide as you navigate the journey of starting or growing your practice.
Consults take place on Skype, or phone (for those in US only). This does not replace care from your primary provider.
Learn More and Schedule Your Consult Below:
This makes a great squatting stool!
I love how this course help to overcome fears and confusion about your career, and learn how to finally create work that you love.
Dr. Susan Bernstein, host of HayHouseRadio.com’s Work from Within show and a Movers & Shakers Winner, guides you so you can get clear about your new career direction with soul-satisfying strategies & support, It gives you the encouragement you need so you can feel calm, clear, and confident about a new vision for your work.
In this transformational Online Course, best selling author Dr. Robert Holden coaches you step-by-step on principles and practices that are at the heart of his work, and special guests include leading inspirational healers such Louise Hay, Dr. Maya Angelou, Ram Dass, Cheryl Richardson, Gabrielle Bernstein. The course is a wonderful guide to personal growth and happiness in every area of your life, attracting unlimited love and abundance into your life, undoing the psychology of feeling stuck, forgiving the past, living in the present, creating a better future, and manifesting authentic success.
Dr Wayne Dyer is one of my heros. His engaging online video course teaches YOU how to fulfill YOUR true life’s purpose and awaken to this infinite intelligence within and around you, and get away from the consciousness of your body and intellect, which have long held you enslaved., with special guests and empowering spiritual teachers Anita Moorjani, Immaculée Ilibagiza and Scarlett Lewis.
Join Caroline Myss for a riveting look into the game-changing questions and decisions that have the power to completely shift your life. Most of us close the passageways of our imagination to new possibilities and, as a result, we shut down streams of guidance that would otherwise direct us to consider new ideas. It’s never too early to realize that life teaches you many things, but it is up to you to gather the wisdom hidden in your life’s journey. And this new perspective can lead to dramatic transitions that take place deep within you.
HOME SWEET HOMEBIRTH MIDWIFERY, PLLC
DISCLAIMERS AND POLICIES
This mentorship/business consultation is meant to help build your practice and give guidance - all pdfs and downloadables are copyrighted and only to be used to help you write your own practice documents.
AFFILIATE and PROMOTION DISCLAIMER
The following information is disclosed by Home Sweet Homebirth Midwifery, PLLC (“we” or “us”) to you in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 680 and 698: “Affiliate Marketing Rule.” Sections of this website www.homesweethomebirth.com (the “Site”) may allow you to purchase products and services online provided by other third party merchants. Some of the links that we post on this Site are “affiliate links.” This means that if you click on the affiliate link and purchase an item through that link, that we will receive an affiliate commission.
We are not responsible for the quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or any other aspect of the products and services purchased through affiliate links, the information contained on third party sales page, or any other third party links, services or products we promote on any of our online medium. In addition, the merchant for your purchase will have privacy and data collection practices that are different from ours. If you make a purchase from a merchant on their website or on a website that we have posted a link to or promoted on any of our online medium, the information obtained during your visit to that website or that merchant’s online store, and the information that you submit as part of the transaction, such as your name, e-mail address, street address, telephone number, and credit card number, may be collected by that merchant. For more information regarding any merchant, its’ online store, its’ privacy policies, or any additional terms and conditions that may apply to your visit of its’ website, visit that merchant’s website and click on that merchants relevant pages and their informational links, or contact that merchant directly.
You release us and our affiliates from any damages that you may incur, and agree not to assert any claims against them or us in connection with your purchase or your use of any of the products, services, or information contained on sales page made available to you by third parties through our Site or promoted on any of our online medium. Your participation, correspondence or business dealings with any third party found on or through our Site or promoted on any of our online medium, regarding payment and delivery of specific goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, representations or warranties associated with such dealings, are solely between you and that third party. You agree that we will not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, or other matter of any sort incurred as the result of any third party transaction.
The following information is disclosed by Home Sweet Homebirth Midwifery, PLLC (“we” or “us”) to you in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” Testimonials appearing on this website www.homesweethomebirth.com (the “Site) are received via text, audio, or video submission. They are individual’s actual experiences, reflecting the real life experiences of those who have used our products and/or services. We do not claim that they are typical results that consumers will generally achieve. The testimonials are not necessarily representative of all of those who will use our products and/or services. We are not responsible for any of the opinions or comments posted to this Site. You understand that any testimonials or endorsements (herein “Opinions”) by our customers or audience represented on this Site, or through our products, programs, other websites, content, landing pages, sales pages or offerings, are solely opinions from individuals. Similarly, any information contained on this Site and on our other programs, content and offerings are solely our opinion and therefore, not representations, warranties, or guarantees of any kind.
WELL BEING DISCLAIMER
This website (www.homesweethomebirth.com (the “Site”) is for informational purposes only. Home Sweet Homebirth Midwifery, PLLC (“we” or “us”) and oursubsidiaries, owners, principals, directors, executives, employees, staff, or agents are only licensed health care providers or professionals in their state and/or area of expertise. The information contained on this Site will not treat or diagnose any disease, illness, or ailment and if your client should experience any such issues you, I can certainly provide guidance, but the diagnostic and treatment management of your clients is ultimately your responsibility, and you agree to seek the advice and examination of your consulting or collaborative physician or practitioner as determined by your own judgment. You understand the information contained on this Site is not a substitute for health care, medical or nutritional advice of any kind. You understand and agree that you are fully responsible for your own well being, including your dietary, mental and physical choices and decisions. You agree to seek medical advice for your own heath issues, as determined by your own judgment before taking any action in connection to the information contained on this Site or discontinuing use of any medications as prescribed by your medical practitioner. We shall in no event be held liable to any party for any direct, indirect, punitive, special, incidental or other consequential damages arising directly or indirectly from any use of this material, which is provided “as is”, and without warranties. You are aware we are not responsible for the outcomes of your business or professional practice. Your continued use of the site indicates your acceptance of the terms and modifications or future modifications.
There are no refunds on online courses or services that provide access to online documents. There are no refunds for services already rendered. There are no refunds for missed prepaid appointments canceled within 24 hours of the missed appointment; if there was an emergency, credit will be given towards another same form of appointment. Should you prepay for a series of sessions or appointments and then decide to cancel future appointments, refund will be prorated and accounted by subtracting the cost of sessions or appointments you did have. There are no refunds for purchasing a series of yoga classes (like a yoga class card) that you did not complete.